-The Transition to Independent Positions (TIP) grant program is designed to help scientists transition from postdoctoral to research intensive faculty positions. The program provides grant start-up funding to establish an independent research program at the institution where the postdoctoral fellow obtains the faculty position. The faculty position where the award is issued must be a different institution from the location of the postdoctoral appointment.
- It is anticipated a total of $500,000 direct costs will be awarded. The anticipated number of awards is 5.
- The program uses the Research Scholar Development Award (K22) mechanism.
- Awards will be issued at public or private institutions such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, domestic institutions only.
- Candidates must be current postdoctoral fellows who satisfy one of the following eligibility criteria: (1) Postdoctoral on NIEHS funded individual F32 Fellowship; (2) Postdoctoral on F32 fellowship from another NIH Institute who is proposing to conduct research in mission area of NIEHS; (3) Intramural Research Training fellow at NIEHS who has completed Intramural qualifying process; (4) Postdoctoral on NIEHS funded T32 Institutional Training Grant who has completed Institutional based qualifying process (See Section III.3.C).
- Each applicant may submit one application.
- Applications must be submitted using the PHS 398 form, and the supplemental instructions for Career Development Awards contained in the PHS packet and in this Request for Applications. Instructions and application forms may be obtained at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html.
- Telecommunications for hearing impaired: TY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Biological Response to Environmental Health Hazards
Biometry and Risk Estimation_Health Risks from Environmental Exposures
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster